Surrogacy Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many births has CSP had?
2. Is there any wait to be matched with a couple?
- As of May 2014, we have celebrated over 1,850 births.
3. Why should I work with CSP instead of working alone with a couple I meet on the Internet?
- Our priority is to make sure that you have the best experience possible.
- We work with you privately to make sure that you have the "best" couple for you…not just the next couple on the list!
4. Why should I choose CSP over other agencies?
- CSP professionals screen and personally meet with all prospective couple's who are interested in surrogacy.
- Working with CSP is a 100% guarantee that you will receive all of your agreed upon funds.
- You have the benefit of an experienced administrative staff (for necessary paperwork), counselor's and attorney's all working on your behalf.
- Working with CSP protects you and your family.
5. Who will be available to help me in the case my counselor or CSP staff member is sick or goes on vacation?
- Three words! Experience! Experience! Experience!
- CSP is the most experienced surrogacy program in the world.
- When you are considering becoming a surrogate mother, there is no substitute for the security of knowing an agency has the benefit of working with as many couples and surrogate mothers as CSP has.
- Check out our staff list and our counseling team pages on our website, we are real people with real answers to your questions, we are here to help.
6. Are couples medically and psychologically screened?
- CSP staff members have been crossed-trained to ensure coverage at all times.
- Our counseling team consults about the status of all cases weekly to ensure that each case is cared for completely.
7. Does CSP help gay or same-sex couples?
- Yes. Medical and psychological screening is important to our success.
8. How am I matched?
- Yes, we helped our first gay couple in 1989.
- Our policy has always been that couples that are ready and willing to take on the responsibility of parenthood deserve that opportunity.
9. How are financial issues handled?
- Your counselor will present couple profiles for you to choose from.
- The final choice about which couple to help will be yours.
10. How come I need to be screened when I know I want to be a surrogate?
- CSP is the administrator of a trust account that is put in place after your contract is signed.
- We take away the burden of having to deal with financial issues between you and your couple.
- You are free to focus on the pregnancy and the relationship with your couple.
11. What experience do you have with high-risk pregnancies?
- Most important of all, we need to get to know you so that we can fulfill your expectations when you become a surrogate mother.
- Surrogate mothers are generally very sensitive, caring people, however surrogate parenting is not for everyone.
- Evaluation is an important part of a mutually respectful and enriching experience between a couple and a surrogate mother.
12. Can I visit your offices?
- We have been involved in over 1,850 births.
- In our over years of practice we have experienced high risk pregnancies, miscarriages, termination and unfortunately, a child's death soon after birth.
- We are well connected with high-risk specialists whom we can call upon to consult on a high-risk case.
- Your health and well-being are always our first consideration.
13. How do I know my couple can afford the costs involved?
- Yes, we welcome the opportunity to meet with you and your family and show you our offices.
- We encourage you to come by and meet our staff.
- Let us know when you are in our neighborhood and we will be pleased to greet you.
14. What are the chances of a couple achieving a pregnancy with my help?
- CSP holds full trust funds sufficient to cover your fees and expenses throughout the pregnancy.
- These funds are in a trust account before you begin working together with a couple.
15. Am I crazy to consider surrogacy?
- Over 95% of our couples will ultimately go home with a baby thanks to the wonderful help a surrogate mother.
- No. Surrogacy is a wonderful way to help a couple realize their dream of parenting.
- CSP has been helping couples and surrogate mothers achieve dreams for over years.
- With your help, dreams can come true!