The Optimal Pregnancy Diet
Surrogate motherhood is a serious agreement between very special parties. For those who decide to carry the baby of someone else, it is vital that they work hard to take good care of their body. Here at CSP, we support surrogate moms educating themselves on the best diet elements that should be used during pregnancy. The following is a brief list of some of the best foods to eat during pregnancy, along with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Eggs: Even you are not big fans of eggs, we suggest trying to add them to your diet in any way possible. Eggs are high in protein and low in calories, which means you will get a lot of energy and nutrition without adding a lot of extra fat to the system.
- Salmon: Pregnant women have to be careful with fish during pregnancy due to the high mercury content. We suggest salmon as it is very low in mercury when prepared well, and is another lean protein source. It can be prepared in many ways, and will give the body many important benefits.
- Beans: They really are the magical fruit, but we are not talking about the musical effects. Beans are a good food to eat when nauseated, as they are very gentle on the system. This will allow you to keep something nutritional down even when the gag reflex seems to be against you.
- Sweet potatoes and yams: This is another very bland food choice that will be gentle on an upset tummy. They are high in fiber and low in calories and sugar. They can be dolled up in fancy ways, mashed with some salt and butter, or baked in chips. This is a delicious and healthy item to add to your pregnancy diet.
- Greek yogurt: Not all dairy products are your friends during this sensitive time for your system. If you are missing something creamy in your life, then turning to Greek yogurt is a good way to go. This is high in protein and gentle on your system in a way other dairy products cannot claim.