Find answers to your questions about surrogacy prices
When you start exploring surrogacy as an option, it can be challenging to find accurate information about surrogacy prices. Navigating the fees associated with your upcoming surrogacy journey can be complex, cumbersome and overwhelming. What all intended parents need is a supportive, experienced financial team to walk them through all fees associated with surrogacy.
We believe that you deserve to have all the information you need to make informed decisions when planning your family. That’s why the Center for Surrogate Parenting, an Ovation® company, is transparent about the cost of surrogacy.
Understanding the financials
During our four decades of experience, we’ve learned how important it is to be honest and up-front about surrogacy prices. CSP has developed a complete, easy-to-understand estimated cost sheet that is customized for each surrogate, so you can be confident that you will only pay for what’s needed.
Our cost sheets are an excellent example of the transparency and experience that CSP provides. There are important costs to consider at every step of your journey.
- Pre-screening. CSP prides itself on pre-screening every surrogate prior to matching, and ensuring that intended parents only pay for the surrogate they work with.
- Surrogacy compensation. It’s important to understand the difference between base compensation and actual compensation. CSP provides accurate, actual compensation figures in advance, so you know exactly what your costs will be.
- Insurance. With CSP, you will be presented with only pre-screened surrogates, along with an outline of any expected insurance expenses. Insurance is imperative to a safe and successful journey. We ensure that you understand all insurance benefits before selecting your surrogate.
- Surrogate expenses. Travel, medical services and pregnancy all carry additional expenses, which are covered by the intended parent. CSP provides complete estimates that include these expenses, so you know what to expect.
- Total price. The surrogacy journey alone can range from $95,000 to $130,000+. Your total cost will depend on many variables, most of which are surrogate-dependent. With CSP, a financial counselor is assigned to your account to educate you about your expected costs. CSP ensures that your surrogate’s trust account pays out correctly, and that any unused balance is returned to you.
- Time. Your time is important, and waiting for a surrogate that can meet your financial requirements can be frustrating. CSP provides up-front expected financials and matching times for your unique situation, so that you can feel confident, secure and prepared.
The bottom line about the cost of surrogacy
Each surrogacy journey is different because people are unique, and their needs vary. From your initial consultation, CSP will help you evaluate your specific needs and provide honest, transparent expected costs.
We use real examples of others’ surrogacy journeys to help you compare the cost of surrogacy, and we educate you about everything included in your journey. Your total cost will depend on the surrogate with whom you are matched. CSP is here to provide everything you need to ensure that your surrogacy match is also a good match for your financial situation.
Typical surrogacy prices
Surrogate compensation and reimbursement begins with a base of $39,000 and an additional $7,000 expense account. Compensation for mileage to medical appointments, your surrogate’s lost wages, and the cost of housekeeping and childcare are established for each match, and will vary depending on which surrogate you choose. So you’ll know exactly what to expect, these costs are presented on your CSP estimated cost sheet.
Medical costs tend to be about $6,000. Lab fees, fertility medications, ultrasounds, monitoring and certain hospital fees fall under this category.
Medical insurance costs can vary. If the surrogate has a policy that includes a surrogate pregnancy, you may not need to pay for insurance for your surrogate at all. If she does not have such a policy, you can expect to pay about $600 per month for insurance for her, with deductibles that range from $4,000 to $12,000, depending on the policy and other factors.
Psychological screening and support before, during and after pregnancy can range from $4,500 to $6,000.
Legal support and guidance can be $6,000 to $8,000 for both the parents and the surrogate. This amount covers having an attorney review the surrogacy agreement and finalize all other legal documents.
You can see more detailed information about pricing from our team, or by requesting an estimated cost sheet. The CSP team is also happy to discuss our estimated surrogacy cost in detail when you book a consultation with us.
Get answers to questions about surrogacy cost
Our experienced and compassionate surrogacy experts are happy to answer all questions about surrogacy prices. Building a family through surrogacy is a big decision, both emotionally and financially, and we want you to feel confident and empowered as you move through this process.
If you have more questions about surrogacy prices or would like to receive an estimated cost sheet, please contact us.