Read our surrogacy FAQs to learn the surrogacy basics
For those who haven’t experienced it, surrogacy can seem like a complicated process, so it’s common for people to have lots of surrogacy questions. As the top surrogacy agency in America, we are here to demystify common surrogacy FAQs.
We are more than happy to answer your questions directly, so please contact us to have a surrogacy expert get in touch with you.
The more you learn about surrogacy basics, the more you’ll see that surrogacy is a joyful journey for both the gestational surrogate and the intended parents, as they work together to bring new life into the world.
When considering becoming a surrogate, it’s important to get answers to all of your surrogacy questions. At CSP, we believe in complete transparency. Arming you with information empowers you to make a choice that is right for you and your family.
- Do surrogates get paid? Yes! While most women choose to become surrogates because they want to help others, surrogates do receive compensation, as well as reimbursement for travel, medical and certain other expenses.
- Where can you be a surrogate? Some states have more surrogacy-friendly laws than others. Because we are a top surrogacy agency in America, we work in many states and serve intended parents all over the United States and the world.
- How does a surrogate get pregnant? In a surrogate pregnancy, the intended parents use IVF to create embryos, and the highest-quality one is chosen and transferred to the surrogate’s uterus.
- Is the baby biologically related to the surrogate? No. Typically, embryos are created with one or both parents’ genetic material. Sometimes, donor sperm and/or eggs are needed. In such cases, the surrogate will never be the egg donor.
- What criteria have to be met to be a surrogate? To apply, you must first meet CSP’s basic surrogacy requirements. Once your application is received, you will be interviewed by our team and complete a medical and psychological screening process to ensure that surrogacy is safe and appropriate for you.
- What if a surrogate changes her mind? We work closely with surrogates to ensure that they are mentally and physically ready to commit to an intended parent. In our 40+ years, no CSP surrogate has ever backed out of a surrogacy agreement.
- How long does it take to get matched? As the top surrogacy agency in America, CSP generally has more waiting parents than surrogates, so we can often match surrogates with parents faster than a smaller agency. You can review parent profiles early in the process, and as soon as the medical and screening process is complete, you’ll be ready to get matched.
Common surrogacy questions
If you’re considering surrogacy or just wanting to learn more about it, don’t be afraid to ask questions. Gestational surrogates love to talk about their experience. Our professional team is also available to answer your surrogacy FAQs; help you learn all about the surrogacy process; and understand the financial, medical and legal implications.
Arming yourself with answers to all of your surrogacy questions is the first step toward making the life-changing decision to become a surrogate. We are glad you’re here, and we are excited that you want to learn more about the surrogacy basics and how becoming a gestational surrogate can make someone else’s dreams come true.
Join our top surrogacy agency in America
If you want to know all about the surrogacy basics, our experienced team is happy to guide you through the learning process. If you have more surrogacy FAQs that aren’t covered here, we are happy to get you the information you need.
Learn About Surrogacy with CSP