Questions to Consider When Choosing a Surrogacy Agency1. How many births has CSP had?
- CSP gives you a choice of parents you would like to work with, and all of the individuals you will be presented with will be professionally pre-screened. You will be able to read their profiles, look at their pictures, and get reliable, verified information about them from our team.
- The trust account established for you by CSP will be fully funded before you begin medication. You will never have to wait for a parent to write you a check, or feel uncomfortable asking for money when you need it.
- If you have any special requests or expectations, our surrogacy experts can negotiate these on your behalf.
- Some conversations with the parents are very important to have, and it is easier to have them with a neutral, experienced professional involved. These might include a discussion of each person’s expectations for the relationship, as well as the risk of not having those expectations met. It’s also important to understand up-front how everyone involved feels about antenatal testing, pregnancy termination, multiple pregnancy, selective reduction and miscarriage.
- CSP provides surrogate mother support groups and individual counseling, so you will feel supported and cared for from the beginning to the end of the process.
- You will have the benefit of an experienced administrative team to help with necessary paperwork, as well as experienced and highly specialized counselors and surrogacy attorneys – all working on your behalf.
- Our surrogacy agency acts as a very real shield for you and your family, putting your medical, financial and legal interests first.
Are you in the process of choosing a surrogacy agency? Do you want an agency that fully supports you throughout your surrogacy, offers frequent communication, wants you to choose the intended parents that you will help, and has surrogate mother support groups and resources in place? CSP has all of this and more. Welcome!
Do you want to be a surrogate mom, but you have a busy life or wants an agency that is less involved? Our surrogacy agency will respect your wishes and suggest matches that reflect your needs. Welcome!
Take your time and think about what is important to you, write it down, and then call CSP. Let’s work together as a team to make this dream come true.
5. Why should I choose CSP over other surrogacy agencies?
Three words: Experience, experience, experience!
Creating Families® for more than four decades, CSP is the oldest and most experienced surrogacy agency in the world, but we are not the largest surrogacy program. CSP has chosen to only assist those intended parents who have a medical reason for participating in surrogacy, so every intended parent you consider truly cannot have a child without your help. We have enough parents to ensure that you find a perfect match for you.
Our basic philosophy is that surrogacy is a respectful exchange; a relationship that changes both the intended parents and surrogate mother in significant and powerful ways. CSP prides itself on the protection, respect and gratitude we show our surrogate mothers. You, the parents you will help, and our surrogacy agency are a team with a common goal: bringing a much-loved baby into the world.
6. Are the parents medically and psychologically screened?
Yes. Medical and psychological screening is important for everyone involved.
Yes, our surrogacy program is open to people from all walks of life and from all over the world, regardless of gender, sexual orientation or nationality. In fact, we were the very first surrogacy agency in the world to help a same-sex couple have a baby, way back in 1989.
When you are ready to be a surrogate mom and get matched, you will be presented with the profiles of a few hopeful parents who have similar expectations for everything from communication to timing of the transfer. If you do not feel a connection with any of them, we continue the process until you find the perfect intended parents for YOU.
Our parents are often surprised by our “surrogate chooses first” approach, but their surprise quickly turns to respect. They like the idea that you chose them and you feel connected personally to them.
The relationship between the surrogate mother and intended parent(s) should be mutually respectful and collaborative, with a meeting of the minds in regard to expectations of the relationship and the envisioned journey together. The expert team at our national surrogacy program will ensure that you and the parents explore all possible scenarios together and ensure that you are on the same page, as this promotes a positive experience and relationship that often lasts well after the baby is born.
The CSP team will take as much time as you need to go over all your questions about compensation before you begin. After you are matched, your trust account is established.
Prior to you taking medications for the embryo transfer, the parents will fully fund your trust account based on your specific cost sheet. We will review the account periodically and request additional funds if there are any unforeseen emergencies.
The trust coordinator assigned to your case will stay in close communication with you and make payments promptly.
This is your life journey or your quest. If you want to be a surrogate mom, it is important for our surrogacy team to understand what you are expecting from this journey. Screening will help us get to know you, so we can help you find the perfect match and realize your dream of helping your intended parents embrace parenting.
This is a highly emotional and very costly undertaking for the parents. They are expecting us to protect them in the same manner we are protecting you.
Before your intended parents retain CSP, we are fully transparent in explaining the possible costs of surrogacy to them. CSP holds full trust funds sufficient to cover your fees and expenses throughout the pregnancy, so you will never have to worry about when you will receive compensation or reimbursement for expenses.
Your chances of success are very high: 97% of our intended parents celebrate a pregnancy after one or two embryo transfer attempts. Almost 95% of our intended parents ultimately go home with a baby, thanks to the help of surrogate mothers like you.
With our national surrogacy program, you will have a dedicated CSP surrogate case manager to help get you started and to answer ongoing questions. You will also have access to a dedicated counselor/psychologist for the entire process. This is a key part of our program and differentiates us from the competition. Your counselor will walk with you from the matching process, through the pregnancy and birth, and beyond. When you want to be a surrogate mom, we are here to support you.
If you have any other questions about choosing a surrogacy agency or our national surrogacy program, we are delighted to help. Please feel free to contact us at any time.
Learn About Surrogacy with CSP