Questions to Consider When Choosing a Surrogacy Agency
We love meeting new surrogates and answering your questions about choosing a surrogacy agency to work with. Contact us to have a surrogacy expert answer your questions by email.
Below are some answers to common questions from women considering choosing a surrogacy agency to help others achieve their dream of having a family.1. How many births has CSP had?
- CSP gives you a choice of parents you would like to work with, and all of the individuals you will be presented with will be professionally pre-screened. You will be able to read their profiles, look at their pictures, and get reliable, verified information about them from our team.
- The trust account established for you by CSP will be fully funded before you begin medication. You will never have to wait for a parent to write you a check, or feel uncomfortable asking for money when you need it.
- If you have any special requests or expectations, our surrogacy experts can negotiate these on your behalf.
- Some conversations with the parents are very important to have, and it is easier to have them with a neutral, experienced professional involved. These might include a discussion of each person’s expectations for the relationship, as well as the risk of not having those expectations met. It’s also important to understand up-front how everyone involved feels about antenatal testing, pregnancy termination, multiple pregnancy, selective reduction and miscarriage.
- CSP provides surrogate support groups and individual counseling, so you will feel supported and cared for from the beginning to the end of the process.
- You will have the benefit of an experienced administrative team to help with necessary paperwork, as well as experienced and highly specialized counselors and surrogacy attorneys – all working on your behalf.
- Our surrogacy agency acts as a very real shield for you and your family, putting your medical, financial and legal interests first.
Do you want to be a surrogate, but you have a busy life or want an agency that is less involved? Our surrogacy agency will respect your wishes and suggest matches that reflect your needs.
Take your time and think about what is important to you, write it down, and then call CSP. Let’s work together as a team to make this dream come true.
Creating Families® for more than four decades, CSP is the oldest and most experienced surrogacy agency in the world, but we are not the largest surrogacy program. CSP has chosen to only assist those intended parents who have a medical reason for participating in surrogacy, so every intended parent you consider truly cannot have a child without your help. We have enough parents to ensure that you find a perfect match for you.
Our basic philosophy is that surrogacy is a respectful exchange; a relationship that changes both the intended parents and surrogate in significant and powerful ways. CSP prides itself on the protection, respect and gratitude we show our surrogates. You, the parents you will help, and our surrogacy agency are a team with a common goal: bringing a much-loved baby into the world
Yes. Medical and psychological screening is important for everyone involved.
Our parents are often surprised by our “surrogate chooses first” approach, but their surprise quickly turns to respect. They like the idea that you chose them and feel connected personally to them.
The relationship between the surrogate and intended parent(s) should be mutually respectful and collaborative, with a meeting of the minds in regard to expectations of the relationship and the envisioned journey together. The expert team at our national surrogacy program will ensure that you and the parents explore all possible scenarios together, and that you are on the same page, as this promotes a positive experience and relationship that often lasts well after the baby is born.
Prior to you taking medications for the embryo transfer, the parents will fully fund your trust account based on your specific cost sheet. We will review the account periodically and request additional funds if there are any unforeseen emergencies.
The trust coordinator assigned to your case will stay in close communication with you and make payments promptly.
This is a highly emotional and very costly undertaking for the parents. They are expecting us to protect them in the same manner we are protecting you.
If you have any other questions about choosing a surrogacy agency or our national surrogacy program, we are delighted to help. Please feel free to contact us at any time.
Learn About Surrogacy with CSP