Why become a surrogate? You can fulfill dreams
If you’re a mom who is curious about surrogacy, you may ask yourself, “Why become a surrogate?” After all, it’s a big commitment to a perfect stranger, and it takes a very special person to want to give the gift of life.
So why do women so selflessly decide they want to be a surrogate, helping someone else have a baby? The answers are personal to every woman, but for most, it comes down to being able to give someone the ultimate gift, and the feeling of pure joy that they receive in return.
What women who want to be a surrogate say
Many women, especially those who have already experienced the joys of motherhood, tell us that the idea of helping someone else have a child is the fulfillment of their own lifelong dream.
Many women may think, “Someday, I want to be a surrogate,” but they may not know much about the process or where to be a surrogate. CSP has experienced case managers and ambassadors who are happy to help you get answers to all of your questions about becoming a gestational surrogate.
Once you have a good understanding of the IVF process, how CSP allows you to choose the parents you want to help, and how emotionally fulfilling becoming a surrogate can be, you may realize that you have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to help a deserving family.
Why become a surrogate?
For most women who join the CSP family, the answers to the question, “Why become a surrogate?,” come from the heart.
- Love. The No. 1 reason women become surrogates is to give life to a much-wanted child and help create a loving family. People who need a surrogate cannot have a biological child any other way, and you can be the one who makes that dream come true for them.
- Pregnancy. Many women who become surrogates say they really enjoyed their pregnancies and find the process of pregnancy and birth joyful and rewarding.
- Educating others. As a surrogate, you will be able to answer many questions about how you’re helping someone become a parent. Invariably, people are excited and eager to learn more about surrogacy and your generous spirit.
- Lifelong relationships. In many cases, CSP surrogates and parents form strong bonds that endure throughout the child’s life.
- Fulfillment. There is no greater gift than the gift of life. When becoming a surrogate, you know that you are giving something absolutely priceless to someone else, and changing every day of their lives for the better.
- Friendship. As a CSP surrogate, you’ll have many opportunities to get to know other generous women in every stage of the process. Many of our surrogates form lifelong friendships with other surrogates they meet through CSP.
- Compensation. CSP surrogates receive a fully funded trust account to cover all medical and other expenses, as well as health insurance, if needed, and generous compensation. While a surrogate doesn’t make such a commitment with money in mind, this compensation can help her support her own family’s needs in an incredibly rewarding way.
Where to be a surrogate
In some states, surrogacy is more accessible than others. Regardless of where you live, CSP can help you fulfill your dream of helping others through becoming a surrogate. Because we are a national surrogacy program, we have surrogates in many states and help create families across the United States and the world. In fact, many of our intended parents seek us out from other countries where surrogacy is not available.
We are happy to guide you through the learning process. We are here to answer all of your questions, and especially the biggest one of all – Why become a surrogate?
If you think you may want to be a surrogate, complete our application form today, or contact us to learn more about the rewarding process of surrogacy.
Learn About Surrogacy with CSP